Monday, October 16, 2017

The Power of Prayer and the Rosary



How many of you heard about the power of prayer?
And do you believe in it?
I definitely do believe in it.
Today I would like to share with you a life encounter that happened to me over a course of two weeks which made me feel even stronger and more connected with God through prayer.

I was taught the rosary when my parents prayed together with me when I was really young.
For some reason, we have broken off that practice.
Maybe due to time, work and other personal priorities.
I do pray the rosary once in a while when the congregation prays it before weekend mass but do not know the true meaning of it.
Two weeks ago, I was brought back to the rosary.
During one of our faith committee sessions, my dearest bromo led the session and shared about the 15 promises by Mother Mary when we pray the rosary regularly.
I told myself ok maybe I should start praying it again.
But you know the usual laziness took over and I failed to start.
Today, for some reason, I had no work, and was very free.
I decided maybe it was time I started praying the rosary.
I did not just recited it off like I always did, but really got so into it.
I shall leave that details to later.
So as I was saying, I started to feel something stirring.

I am facing some troubles with myself and a relationship problem with a very close brother.
Somehow I felt that our friendship was drifting apart and I felt very bad about it as he really meant a lot to me. I felt guilty and blamed my "needy" dependant nature.
For the last two weeks, I have always prayed to God to help keep my relationship with my brother.
Today while I was praying the rosary, I was drawn to a different kind of prayer.
I prayed to God to change me and lead me in my relationship and life.
After the whole rosary session, I started reading up on the 15 promises and asked myself what does Mother Mary mean when she said that she will give us signal graces?

All of a sudden, I had the sudden urge to attend today's weekday mass.
I had the feeling that there will be an answer when I get there.
So I listened to the prompting and went.
Today's reading was on Jonah and the Ninevites.
I reflected on today's reading with today's rosary - joyful mystery.
Obedience. Trusting in God and never doubt in him. Just like what Mother Mary did.
Yes she did fear. But never once did she let that fear lose her faith in God.
All of a sudden a voice came in my head "Hey you have known him for 5 years and he hasn't left you. Why would you doubt God that He will make your friendship break?"
I started to feel really relieved and shared this encounter with bromo on whatsapp.
While sharing, all of a sudden, something most amazing happened.
My brother texted me.
He has not replied my messages for a week.
I was not just shocked, I felt so happy and emotional,
both the signal graces that Mother Mary had promised and that I felt my faith just grew another step.
I know and believe that God will answer my prayer somehow as He always did.
But never expected that it be heard so soon and so direct.

This experience has been really touched me and yes I will definitely put more effort into praying the rosary daily =)

So for those who are interested, this is what I did.
1) Opening hymn (Choose any hymn to Mother Mary you feel is right for the moment, I chose Salve Regina https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXadODl_jBQ)
2) I used this video on youtube. The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AW5wueFe-w
3) Visit this link http://www.rosary-center.org/joyful.htm and pause the video before every Hail Mary to meditate or visualise every step that Mary took.
4) At the end of the rosary, take some time to thank Mother Mary for the intercessions she has done for you in the past and ask humbly for her help again.
4) Closing hymn (I chose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RERoQ1biLdE)
* I did not sing but I chose to play the flute instead =)

Thank you all for reading this. Remember that prayer is very powerful and the rosary will definitely bring you closer to God.

Amen and God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment