Monday, August 11, 2014

Being Human is not a valid excuse for not trying to be the perfect image of God

Dear brothers and sisters, many times have we heard or used this phrase "I am human therefore I am not perfect". Most of them being used whenever others question us about our ability to do something.

The Lord asked us to love everyone unconditionally, but many of us say we cannot do it because we are not perfect, even the most perfect human being must have some people we dislike. The Lord ask us to love even our enemy when we are struck down. And again, we say that we cannot because it is hard for humans to do it but Jesus could because He is God.

Now I shall ask this other question that strikes me heavily. The Lord made us to be the image of him, so can we not at least try our best to be the perfect image of him? I have been pondering over this for a very long time now and I realised that every time we fail to do something beyond our reach, we keep giving the same excuse that humans are weak. But we must always remember one thing. Yes we humans are weak, but with the Lord's strength, we can be strong. Never forget that we are who we are because of Him and through prayer we can always find the Lord's strength in each and everyone of us.
And with this, I would like to bring up the chorus from the song "You Raise Me Up".

"You raise me up,
So I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up,
To walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders,
You raise me up,
To more than I can be."

No comments:

Post a Comment